Thursday, December 27, 2007

Flickr Fun

I've had a flickr account for quite some time. It's been a good way to share photos with my long distance family without overwhelming their email inbox. I'd like to find time to upload more photos and do more tagging, sticky-noting, commenting, and other fun stuff. Someday I'd even like to upgrade to a pro account, but I need to make sure I can get my money's worth first.

At first I found flickr a little difficult to navigate. Especially before I figured out the difference between a set, collection and photostream. Now that I've played around with it a bunch, it's easy to use, and I love that it's searchable and connects me with other great people and photos.

I'm so pleased that ACPL has a flickr site up and running. What a great way to share our photos with the community. I contributed by posting photos of the Time 2 Chime holiday concert. It was fun to email all the students and give them the link to their performance on the web. (You can also see video clips of their performance on the ACPL Kids Blog.)

No comments: